About this Program
Ask someone what first comes to mind when you say the Pacific Northwest, and chances are technology is a top answer. This area is home to a thriving and competitive tech industry, and tech sales professionals help ensure that the industry continues to flourish.
In this short, two-course program, you’ll quickly gain a grounding in the sales-specific knowledge and interpersonal skills needed to advance your career in tech sales. Your instructors are experienced tech sales professionals who’ll teach you about every step in the sales process and how to work effectively with the rest of the sales organization to meet your goals. In just a few months, you’ll develop the skills and confidence to pitch SaaS (software as a service) and other tech products to potential customers, along with the communication tools needed to close the deal.
▸ Related Article: Success Stories: Tech Sales
▸ Related Article: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Working in Tech Sales
Entry to mid-level sales professionals (including sales development reps [SDR], business development reps [BDR], and early tenured account managers and account executives) looking to advance their career in the tech sales industry.
If you're a UW undergraduate looking for a credit program in sales, you should check out the Professional Sales Program at the Foster School of Business.
What You'll Learn
- How to manage leads and move from prospecting and presenting to overcoming obstacles and closing
- Ways to apply principles of psychology and interpersonal communication to connect with prospective customers and provide effective consultation
- Techniques for organizing and tracking your sales efforts and daily workflow and using analytics to prioritize opportunities and measure success
- How to leverage industry tools to manage the sales process and collaborate with internal stakeholders
Get Hands-on Experience
- Engage in role-plays with classmates and industry professionals to simulate the customer and team interaction needed to be successful in sales
- Use industry-standard sales tracking and documentation tools
Projected job growth for sales representatives in Washington state (2018-2028)
Average salary for sales representatives in Washington state (2020)
OUR ENROLLMENT COACHES ARE HERE TO HELP
Connect with an enrollment coach to learn more about this offering. Or if you need help finding the right certificate program or course for you, reach out to explore your options.