About this Course
This course introduces students to economic evaluation in health care, specifically cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmaceuticals, devices and other health care interventions. We’ll cover topics such as methods for economic evaluation in health care, decision modeling, preference measures, and the development of coverage and reimbursement policies using cost-effectiveness data. We’ll also teach introductory spreadsheet modeling and use contemporary examples from the literature to illustrate key concepts.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The role of economic evaluation in health care decision-making and health policy
- How to assess the strengths and weaknesses of different methods for economic evaluation in health care
- How to understand cost and outcomes modeling techniques for economic evaluation
- How to create an introductory decision analysis model using spreadsheet software
- How to critically evaluate cost-effectiveness studies