About this Course
Java is one of the most popular programming languages today — and the demand for Java programmers just continues to grow. Java is versatile, too: It powers many of the world’s most popular websites, and it’s used to write software for Android and Blackberry mobile devices. Java is also a powerful tool used by researchers and analysts for analyzing data.
In this course, you'll start out learning about Java language syntax, then move into the object-oriented features of the language, I/O streams and collections API packages, among other topics.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for the Certificate in Java Programming.
Beginning Java programmers who have some prior experience in another language.
What You’ll Learn
- How to set up the Java environment and use an IDE (Eclipse)
- Numbers and strings and how to use classes
- Arrays loops, conditional statements, and functions
- Packages, classes, exceptions and collections
- Object-oriented design concepts