About this Course
This course introduces students to the principles and methods of health technology assessment (HTA) and its practice in a global environment. We’ll discuss various approaches to organizing and conducting HTA, using examples from around the world. We’ll also use contemporary case studies and interviews with global HTA leaders to illustrate the processes used to evaluate evidence and make resource allocation decisions about health technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to characterize the organization, processes and conduct of health technology assessment (HTA) around the world
- How to describe and effectively use the methods of HTA to undertake an assessment of a health technology
- How to identify the similarities and differences between key HTA agencies around the world
- How to synthesize and appraise evidence to support reimbursement and coverage decisions
- How to evaluate the role of thresholds, decision rules and innovative financial access agreements by HTA agencies in the current environment