About this Course
You’ve done the hard work of writing your manuscript. If you’re ready to take the next step and share your project with a larger audience, self-publishing is an option that’s growing in popularity. Self-publishing offers many benefits, including creative control and the ability to manage your own schedule. But it can also present challenges, especially if you’re new to the publishing process.
In this course, industry professionals and advisers will equip you with the knowledge to transform your manuscript into a self-published book. You’ll learn the business fundamentals of self-publishing and create a business plan for your project. We’ll cover publishing terms and concepts, editing and proofreading, formatting for different platforms, promotion and marketing strategies, and legal considerations. You’ll gain the decision-making and business-planning tools you need to confidently self-publish your work.
Anyone who wants to self-publish their manuscript, including memoirs, family histories, cookbooks, children’s books, literary fiction and any type of genre content.
What You’ll Learn
- Pros and cons of print and digital self-publishing versus traditional publishing
- Steps involved in self-publishing a book, including writing, editing, formatting, distribution and sales
- How to track and analyze book sales data and reviews and use that information to improve future efforts
- How to grow and maintain an author platform through social media, website content and email marketing
- Strategies for building a readership