Did you know that 95% of recruiters use LinkedIn for recruiting? Job applicants are also four times more likely to get hired when they leverage their LinkedIn network. If you're searching for a new job and want to grow your professional network, make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and shines.
Add your UW credential to your LinkedIn profile to let recruiters and your connections know about your skills and accomplishments. As an added bonus, by updating your education section using the steps below, you'll join the fast growing UW Professional & Continuing Education alumni network. Here's how to do it in just five easy steps:
- Click the Me menu at the top of your LinkedIn page and select View Profile.
- Scroll down to the Education section of your profile. Click the + sign in the upper right corner of the box to add education.
- Enter details about the UW program you completed:
- Under School, type UW Professional & Continuing Education. Our name and logo will appear in a drop-down list. Select it.
- Under Degree, type Certificate or Specialization.
- Under Field of study, enter the program name such as "Project Management."
- Indicate when you began and completed the program using the Start Year and End Year dropdowns.
- Under Description, write a few sentences or bullet points about what the program covered or what you learned. Include any links to samples of your work.
- At the very top of the window, you should see an option to Share with network. Toggle this field On if you would like people in your network to learn about your new UW credential. If you do this, you'll get more visibility and your peers may give your profile update a "Like."
- When you’ve finished, click Save.
After you've successfully added your credential, you'll be a part of the UW Professional & Continuing Education alumni network. Learn about our graduates and connect with other alumni by visiting the Alumni tab on our LinkedIn page.