We’re currently accepting applications and will be reviewing them in the order they’re received. We’ll accept applications until Thursday, April 01, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, or until the program fills, whichever comes first.
Step 1: Complete the Assessment Quiz
Complete the Big Data Technologies Assessment Quiz.
Step 2: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program’s admission requirements
Step 3: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 2, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within two weeks of receiving your application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first-term course, including information on how to register and pay your course fees. Payment is due no later than two days before your first class.
To apply, you must have:
- At least one year of consistent experience using a programming language such as Java, Scala, Python or C#. Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Certificate in Python Programming.
- System management and configuration skills, including command-line proficiency. Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Network & System Administration course.
- Completed the Big Data Technologies Assessment Quiz to evaluate your knowledge of system administration and programming concepts.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Compute Engine
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
- Access to a computer with a recent operating system and web browser
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam
- Dual monitors (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.