About this Course
This course introduces students to the common tasks performed by network and system administrators. You’ll be exposed to basic network and system administration concepts and learn how to apply them in real-world scenarios. Skills covered range from supporting internally hosted monolithic applications to supporting containerized microservices running in a cloud environment.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for one of these programs:
Anyone interested in developing the skills necessary for network and system administration roles.
What You’ll Learn
- Scripting techniques and how to use layer 7 protocols such as DNS and HTTP
- Version control using Git, container management using Kubernetes and cloud services using AWS
- Core TCP/IP networking concepts
- Core security concepts and tenets
- How to write shell and Python scripts
Get Hands-On Experience
- Install, configure and administer Linux systems and Linux-based containers
- Work with iptables, SELinux and REST-based APIs
- Create Ansible playbooks