About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in Information Systems Security.
In today’s world of complex, interconnected IT systems, there has never been a better time to work in information security. Networks and data are constantly under attack, and tech professionals must be able to deploy the latest tools and strategies to protect their valuable data.
This certificate program provides a thorough technical review of cybersecurity issues and gives you hands-on experience in combating common threats. You’ll investigate different types of attacks and learn how to apply protective measures to all aspects of a company’s IT operations. Make sure that your skills are up to date and your systems are well-defended in the pitched battle for information security.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Cybersecurity Analyst
Software developers and analysts, or people with system, database, security or network administration experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to identify the latest data threats and attacks
- Cutting-edge protective strategies for implementing and administering organization-wide security measures
- Approaches for securing locally hosted networks and for data stored with cloud services
- Tools and techniques for specific threat categories
- Emerging trends in the field
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
By completing this program you’ll be better prepared to take professional security certification exams, including Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).