We’re currently accepting applications and will be reviewing them in the order they’re received. We’ll accept applications until Thursday, January 06, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, or until the program fills, whichever comes first.
Step 1: Online Assessment
Complete the C# Programming Assessment.
Step 2: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant experience, transferable skills, knowledge of the field and commitment to professional growth
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the program’s admission requirements
Step 3: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 2, along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee.
We’ll contact you within two weeks of receiving your application materials to let you know if you’ve been accepted to the program.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your first-term course, including information on how to register and pay your course fees. Payment is due no later than two days before your first class.
To apply, you must have:
- Ability to install and manage software on your computer
- Comfortable using a command line to run various commands
- Comfortable with basic software development practices and doing research on the web to supplement class materials
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about 8 to 10 hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
To enroll, international students must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a Windows or Mac computer with:
- A recent operating system (Windows 7 or later/Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later) and web browser
- 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor (or the equivalent)
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional (or better); the Community edition of Visual Studio is available for download from the Microsoft website
- For those on a Mac: Boot Camp with Windows OS installed on partition; Virtual OS; or Docker, plus software (purchase required)
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn the certificate by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.