About this Program
Modern health care is heavily reliant on information – huge volumes of patient data that must be tracked, managed and analyzed using complex systems and technologies. This has created a large and growing demand for trained experts who can administer these systems effectively and produce better health outcomes.
In this certificate program, you’ll gain the specialized skills to manage health information and electronic records in a variety of health care settings. We’ll explore the major tools, technologies and processes used for the secure collection, organization and evaluation of personal health information. You’ll also investigate legal, regulatory and compliance issues; delve into financial management and quality assurance methods; and hone your leadership abilities.
Professionals with a bachelor’s degree who work with health data, electronic health records and other health information systems, and those who want to enter the field.
What you'll learn
- Major health information systems and the technology infrastructure and standards that affect them
- Tools to lead information management efforts in the delivery of high-quality health care
- The organization of health care services across the spectrum of governmental and private sector delivery systems
- Legal principles and policies connected to health information management
- Core functions involved with health information governance and data management
Get Hands-On Experience
You will complete a project in health informatics or information management for a health industry partner.
Prepare for Certification
By completing this program, you will be eligible to earn the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential by successfully passing a national exam.