About this Course
Veteran entrepreneurs agree that the most important first step in launching a new business is a compelling vision. From that point, the growth and success of your venture is highly dependent on the leadership team’s ability to execute.
This course focuses on translating your vision into a product or service that effectively addresses the targeted customer’s pain points, known as product market fit. We’ll explore and apply key business frameworks to immersive, real-world examples. You’ll leverage case-study methodology to discover the tools and technologies used by leading-edge companies both locally and nationally. You’ll also explore the different ways to be involved in a startup community, from starting a company, being an adviser, investing, buying a business, owning a franchise and being an intrapreneur within a larger company.
What You’ll Learn
- How to create a mission and vision that fit your unique business idea
- Ways to apply frameworks for solving different business problems
- Steps for forming a business plan, including creating the plan, integrating feedback and revision
- Who to include in your support network while you’re building your idea
- Best practices for adopting and sustaining an entrepreneurial mindset
- Work with peers and a coach to strengthen leadership skills
- Build a business plan for your business idea and get feedback from established entrepreneurial leaders
- Interact with the leading figures from the case studies discussed in class