About this Course
This course emphasizes network-based programming and Web applications, how they work and how to program them in Python. Explore the underlying principles and their expression in the Python libraries. Learn contrasting approaches in creating applications: programming with the low-level libraries versus using highly integrated frameworks.
- Foundational Technologies: sockets and the TCP/IP stack
- Web Protocols: SMTP/IMAP/HTTP
- Web Service APIs: XMLRPC, SOAP. REST
- Request and Response: CGI and WSGI
- Web Frameworks: Flask, Django, Pyramid
- Related Technologies: Server Management and Deployment