About this Course
Python has the power and flexibility to run major websites like Pinterest and Dropbox. This versatility allows developers to use Python to create simpler scripts and applications for the web, as well as to perform back-end development on a larger scale.
This course builds on the previous courses with an emphasis on network programming and Python Web Frameworks. We’ll explore the underlying principles and their expression in the Python libraries. You’ll discover contrasting approaches in creating applications: programming with the low-level libraries versus using highly integrated frameworks.
What You’ll Learn
- Ways to use foundational technologies such as sockets and the TCP/IP stack
- How to apply web protocols, including SMTP, IMAP and HTTP
- Methods for practicing the request response cycle, such as CGI and WSGI
- Techniques for web scraping and applying APIs using BeautifulSoup and REST
- Important web frameworks like Flask and Django
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll complete a project to develop your own web application.