Course Application Steps
Step 1: Gather the following materials
- A brief letter (250-word maximum) that describes your relevant skills and knowledge and how you acquired them
- A resume that highlights how your education and any applicable experience fulfill the course’s admission requirements (see requirements link above)
Step 2: Apply
Complete your application and submit the materials listed in step 1.
We'll contact you within seven business days of receiving your complete application materials to let you know if you've been accepted to the course.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you details about your course, including information on paying your course fee. Note: You have six weeks to register for your course after being accepted. After that, you'll need to reapply before you can register.
The UW requires all students, including online students, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. You must provide proof of vaccination status or submit a request for an exemption for medical or religious reasons before you can register for classes.
There are no formal admission requirements for this program. Anyone is encouraged to apply.
- Fluent in file management (copying, moving, deleting, downloading and naming/renaming files)
- Willing and able to do independent web searches to solve coding and programming problems
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about 10 to 12 hours each week on coursework.
For the self-paced format, at this weekly rate you can expect to complete each course in about 10 weeks.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
To enroll, international students must have a visa that permits study in the United States. This program does not enable students to obtain or maintain F-1 visa status. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a computer with a recent operating system (less than two years old); Windows, Mac and Linux are all acceptable, although a Mac or Linux platform is recommended
- Administrator privileges on the computer to install software
- Recent web browser
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.