About this Course
It’s often said in business that if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. That’s why data-driven decision-making is an essential skill in today’s workplace. This course will not only help you measure and understand the impact of your content but also teach you how to optimize that impact for results.
You’ll learn to speak the language of data and get comfortable employing key concepts like A/B testing, SEO, social listening, KPI, crawlers and more. Discover how much strategists can watch, learn and measure on a website, and how to find patterns, red flags or opportunities within a site’s user data. You’ll also learn to leverage data from open source resources, social media and competitors. By the end of the class, you’ll be able to use data to tell an effective story, solve content problems and define an overall content strategy.
What you'll learn
- How to differentiate between qualitative and quantitative analysis and apply them appropriately
- How to recognize different key metrics of onsite analytics engagement data and understand how they can be used to evaluate and improve content
- Approaches for confidently employing fundamental terms and concepts from the world of analytics, statistics and testing
- Methods for evaluating community preferences and profiles to build engagement strategies
- Best practices for building compelling visualizations and telling data stories to an audience
Get Hands-On Experience
You'll practice ways to effectively use important tools like Google Analytics, Google Trends and Excel.