About this Program
Does your organization’s content work effectively? Is it delivering the best message to the targeted audience, in line with your business objectives? Or is it missing the mark? Answering these questions is the job of the content strategist, a dynamic role that’s becoming increasingly essential in today’s information-driven marketplace.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore proven techniques to create a powerful cross-channel content strategy. You’ll study storytelling principles to engage users in compelling ways and investigate methods to evaluate the user experience and tailor your approach to specific scenarios. We’ll also cover key data and measurement tools that will help you understand your audience and achieve your content goals.
▸ Related Article: How to Become a Content Strategist
▸ Related Article: Find the Right Marketing Program for You
Professionals in marketing, communications, advertising and public relations, and those interested in entering these fields.
Those who want to enter the UX writing field or create better user experiences through website or app copy might consider the Foundations of UX Writing course.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The principles and practices that make for creative, memorable storytelling
- Techniques for defining the user journey and determining voice and tone
- How to plan for and distribute content across multiple channels
- Content-governance strategies
- How to use data analytics to refine your content strategy and measure its success
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Perform a content audit of a brand and its competitors
- Create a content strategy for a real-world client as part of a group project
- Develop content and a storytelling strategy for a select online channel
- Use tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
You may be eligible to apply for a UW Certificate Scholarship or Rotary Scholarship to cover most of the costs of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. For more information, see the Scholarships page.
Alumni working in field
Microsoft, University of Washington, Amazon, Facebook, Avalara, Expedia
Projected job growth for marketing managers in Washington state (2018-2028)
Average salary for marketing managers in Washington state
OUR ENROLLMENT COACHES ARE HERE TO HELP
Connect with an enrollment coach to learn more about this offering. Or if you need help finding the right certificate, specialization or course for you, reach out to explore your options.