About this Course
Documents are the currency for exchanging ideas. Organizations of all kinds rely on long-form documents like reports, proposals, research papers and narratives to share ideas, articulate their vision and strategy, communicate plans and lead change. Knowing how to write well is an essential leadership skill.
In this course, you'll learn what constitutes good business writing and how to write effective documents that are rich and articulate. We'll explore different kinds of business documents and focus on the importance of structure and keeping readers at the center of any writing. Drawing on reader science, you’ll learn how to write persuasively and make your documents intuitive and readable without simplifying your ideas and losing pertinent details. Get plenty of practice writing documents and incorporating feedback from your instructor and peers.
Professionals in any field who need to write long-form documents for work.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to choose the right structure and style for your document
- How to design and organize content with your audience in mind
- Best practices for clear, concise and effective writing
- Ways to use visual elements such as analytics, graphics and white space to enhance readability
- How to compare and contrast writing styles and develop your own voice as a writer
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Propose, design and write up to four long-form documents
- Practice editing your own work with a critical eye and collaborating with others