About this Course
Proofreading is a skill used to identify and correct errors in writing. Proofreaders typically fix errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, formatting and consistency, and proofreading is one of the last steps before a piece of writing is published.
In this course, you’ll learn how to proofread a variety of print and digital materials and how to use traditional proofreader’s marks as well as digital markup techniques. We’ll cover the basics of grammar and punctuation and how to tackle specific grammar, style, and design and formatting issues. You’ll also learn about proofing against copy and cold proofreading (proofing without copy).
▸ Related Article: Programs for Writers and Editors
Anyone seeking to develop or improve their proofreading skills.
What You’ll Learn
- What proofreading is and how it differs from editing
- Where proofreading fits in the overall publication process
- Why, when and how to make changes to a document
- How to proof for design issues, including image quality and placement
- Employment opportunities in the proofreading field
Get Hands-On Experience
- Apply editorial style sheets and checklists
- Use standard proofreading markup and procedures to proofread print documents
- Use special features of Adobe Reader for digital proofreading
EARN A DIGITAL BADGE
After successfully completing this course, you can claim a digital achievement badge that can be shared on LinkedIn and other social media sites. Learn more about digital badges.
OUR ENROLLMENT COACHES ARE HERE TO HELP
Connect with an enrollment coach to learn more about this offering. Or if you need help finding the right certificate, specialization or course for you, reach out to explore your options.