There are no formal admission requirements for this course, and anyone is encouraged to enroll.
- Familiarity with apps, Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Ability to learn how to use new equipment and software
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about six to eight hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have advanced English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection
- A recording device that is reasonably portable and capable of creating a WAV or mp3 file (e.g., Tascam, a smartphone or a laptop with a microphone and recording software such as Zoom)
- Subscription to Hindenburg Pro, an audio editing software (free 30-day trial for new customers; a monthly or annual paid subscription required after)
- Wired headphones, preferably padded
- An external microphone (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.