To apply, you must have one of the following:
- Two years of college coursework
- Two years of equivalent work experience in audio production, film/video or as a musician
You should be able to work collaboratively with others in an online environment and contribute to discussions with instructors and classmates.
You should expect to spend six to 10 hours a week on coursework, including weekly class meetings, depending on your level of experience.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a Windows or Mac computer or laptop with a recent operating system and web browser; computer must meet the system requirements for running Avid Pro Tools
- 3 GB free hard drive space on personal computer, or an external hard drive to run and store class projects
- Avid Pro Tools (license provided)
- High-speed internet connection
- Studio-quality headphones (Recommended: Sony 7506, AKG K240, Shure SRH440; Beyerdynamic DT-770 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50x)
- Webcam (recommended)
- Audio interface for audio recording (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.