About this Course
In the film/video track, you’ll work in small teams to complete a professional-quality soundtrack for a film or video using Avid Pro Tools, the industry-leading audio post platform. The instructor and guest speakers will provide insight into how a professional soundtrack is constructed from start to finish.
Through a music business seminar, you’ll learn about getting started in the profession, best practices for presenting yourself to employers, different business models, budgeting and logistics for music and post audio projects and industry trends. In a plug-in workshop, you’ll learn how to use audio plug-ins as part of the mixing and mastering process.
Past guest speakers have included Peter Lewis, president at AUDISEE and Peter Barnes, director of operations at Formosa Interactive Seattle.
What You'll Learn
- How to use Avid Pro Tools for commercial post projects
- Dialog editing techniques and the use of dialog restoration software
- How to develop and record using ADR/Foley cue sheets
- How to search for and add sound effects and use them effectively
- Methods for selecting music that will enhance your film or video
- Audio post techniques for live action and animated shorts
- Selection and use of DAW plug-ins
- How to prepare and render final mix files for delivery
You’ll create your own film or video soundtracks, using Avid Pro Tools to edit and mix soundtrack projects in small teams.