About this Course
Content strategy starts with empathy. No matter the content being created or the client, a strategist must understand the needs, pain points and motivations of their users to create an experience that drives results.
In this course, you’ll develop a full and actionable understanding of the field and practice of user-centered content strategy. We’ll explore the how and why behind some of the most important content strategy deliverables, including personas, competitive analyses and user journey maps. You’ll learn to conduct first-hand user interviews and to leverage your research to find content gaps and opportunities. We’ll also cover emergent topics in content strategy, including IA, accessibility and localization. You’ll leave viewing content in the context of the whole experience and with the needs of the user in mind.
what you'll learn
- Content strategy and user experience (UX) principles
- How to identify and define the mission, vision and values of a client brand
- How to develop brand voice and tone
- Ways to conduct qualitative user research through user interviews
- Methods for creating data-driven, actionable personas and user journeys maps
- Techniques for using research artifacts to identify content needs, gaps and opportunities
get hands-on experience
Create a content strategy for a client-based project to add to your professional portfolio.
EARN A DIGITAL BADGE
After successfully completing this course, you can claim a digital achievement badge. Learn about digital badges.