About this Course
We’re constantly pummeled with messages every day, from every direction and on every platform. The struggle to be heard is fierce but being heard is no longer enough — successful engagement requires relevant content, strategic listening and dynamic conversation.
In this course, we'll consider what it means to engage people through the creation of compelling content. The class will draw learnings from the foundations of storytelling in the “oral tradition” through modern media and brand case studies. We’ll explore the impact of voice and tone, authenticity, empathetic listening, media platforms, user data and research. You’ll discover how to build a robust strategy for messaging that engages audiences, activates involvement and turn it toward strategic results.
what you'll learn
- How to explain the strategic imperative of storytelling in the digital age
- Techniques for defining a compelling story to promote an organization or brand
- Methods for using data and user research to define strategy and drive content execution
- How to apply the tools of voice, tone and authenticity to storytelling
- How to understand media platforms and their power to animate stories
- Best practices for content development in professional settings
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You'll conduct and analyze an audit of client content.