About this Program
Pharmaceutical and medical device clinical trials, biomedical research studies and biological field studies require statistical analysis and interpretation of results. Biostatisticians play an essential role in converting raw biomedical data into applied knowledge. They work at the intersection of public health, biomedical and biological research to design studies, shape government policy, train researchers and develop new methods for analyzing biological data.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll learn how to employ statistical concepts to answer important scientific questions. Using R software, we’ll apply different techniques for analyzing data sets from scientific and medical research. You’ll develop the ability to process, interpret and report the results of statistical analyses common in biomedical research.
Scientists and researchers who use biostatistics in their work, along with those who want an introduction to programming in R.
What You'll Learn
- Foundational statistical analysis tools and linear and multiple regression models
- One-way and two-way analyses of variance, including assumptions, transformations, outlier detection, dummy variables and variable selection procedures
- Methods for analyzing categorical data
- Classification and discrimination techniques and survival analysis, including product limit estimates and the Cox proportional hazards model
- Basic and advanced methods of data manipulation, analysis and graphics in R
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll complete weekly data analysis exercises and a larger project in each course.
Choose From Noncredit and Credit Options
By completing this certificate program, you may be able to earn up to 12 graduate credits. If you don’t plan to pursue a graduate degree, choose the noncredit offering. See Noncredit & Credit Options.
OUR ENROLLMENT COACHES ARE HERE TO HELP
Connect with an enrollment coach to learn more about this offering. Or if you need help finding the right certificate, specialization or course for you, reach out to explore your options.