About this Program
You can tell almost immediately when a website or app has been designed with the user in mind — it’s intuitive, appealing and effective. As technology firms and other organizations recognize the importance and business value of a great user experience, the demand for UX designers has soared.
In this four-course certificate program, you’ll develop a thorough understanding of the core principles of user-centered design. We’ll explore how usability studies and information visualization can influence web design and product development, and look at the latest innovations in the field. Acquire the in-depth knowledge and skills you need to craft your career in this dynamic profession.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: User Experience Designer
Professionals with some experience in design, software development, product development or product marketing.
Daniella Kim, an instructor for the Certificate in User-Centered Design, talks about the cutting-edge nature of the program and significant career benefits for students.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Sophisticated methods for planning and developing intuitive, user-friendly product design
- Techniques for UX design and research, visual communication and information visualization, interaction design and prototyping, and web design
- Design principles for print and interactive media, including use of graphics, animation, sound and hypermedia
- User research theories and techniques for placing user needs at the forefront of each stage of the design process
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Develop and evaluate real-world user-centered design projects
- Plan and execute usability testing on product prototypes
- Oversee a web development project utilizing UX design principles
Earn Credit Toward Your Master’s Degree
By completing this certificate program, you can earn up to 12 graduate credits toward degree requirements should you later be accepted into the Master of Human Centered Design & Engineering. To use these credits, you must obtain graduate nonmatriculated status before you register for the first course of the certificate program.