About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in E-Learning Design & Development.
E-learning has gone mainstream. The impact of technology on learning and training in the last few decades has been enormous at traditional educational institutions, large companies and small businesses alike. The resulting changes are accelerating as the spread of high-speed internet access and powerful tech devices creates a high demand for experienced professionals in this field.
In this four-course certificate program, you’ll get a complete immersion in the art and science of e-learning and instructional design. We’ll cover the essentials of e-learning and the tools and techniques for developing and managing courses and programs. You’ll explore different ways to assess program quality and effectiveness. It all comes together in a final special project that you can add to your professional portfolio.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Instructional Designer
Professionals who work with e-learning content and those in education and training roles who want to enter the field.
Instructors for the Certificate in E-Learning Instructional Design explain how the program can help students forge a successful career in this growing field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Methods for selecting the appropriate technology and course structure
- How to evaluate delivery formats for cost and efficiency and troubleshoot scheduling, budgeting and planning challenges
- Standard and emerging tools and technologies for creating, delivering and accessing course materials
- How to repurpose existing materials for interactivity and online delivery
- Key concepts for quantitative and qualitative evaluation and assessment
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll produce your own e-learning curriculum or training module and give an online presentation of your work.