To apply, you must have:
- Two years of college education AND one of the following:
- Two years of work experience in an area of human resources management such as training, compensation, staffing, benefits or employee relations
- OR five years of work experience in any field that included supervisory responsibility
- OR completion of the UW Certificate in Human Resources Essentials
- OR three years of non-HR work experience AND completion of the UW Certificate in Human Resources Essentials
- OR a high school diploma AND five years of HR experience
You will benefit from having working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets for the Workforce Planning & Analytics course.
Including time in class, you should expect to spend about 5 to 7 hours each week on coursework.
If English is not your native language, you should have at least intermediate English skills to enroll. To learn more, see English Language Proficiency Requirements – Noncredit Programs.
Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students.
- Access to a computer with a recent operating system and web browser
- High-speed internet connection
- Headset and webcam (recommended)
Earning the Certificate
You earn a certificate of completion by adhering to the program's attendance policy and successfully completing all required courses. For more information, see Earning the Certificate.