About this Program
From startups to corporate giants, the challenge of attracting, hiring and retaining great employees remains a constant. Skilled human resources professionals play an important role in tackling this challenge and are in high demand today. Entry-level roles such as HR specialist, recruiting coordinator and payroll analyst have become a pathway to a thriving career in just about any industry.
In this certificate program, you’ll learn the foundational competencies required to succeed as an HR professional. We’ll explore the functional areas connected with this role: operations, recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee retention and morale, performance management, payroll, and compliance with all applicable employment policies and regulations. Acquire the range of knowledge and skills needed to break into this dynamic field.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Human Resources Specialist
Those looking to enter the human resources field, including early-career professionals and individuals who want to transition from other job roles into this field.
Experienced HR professionals or those with significant supervisory or managerial experience should consider taking the more advanced Certificate in Human Resources Management.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The scope of an HR professional’s responsibilities and how to succeed as part of an HR team
- Human resources information systems (HRIS) and simple data analysis tools for HR reporting and decision making
- How to ensure compliance with organizational policies and regulations regarding sensitive issues
- Ways to foster workplace ethics and advance diversity and inclusion goals
- How HR functional areas work and how to apply your HR skills to common problems in each area
CHOOSE THE RIGHT FORMAT FOR YOU
This certificate program is part of Career Accelerator, which offers a variety of flexible learning formats online and in the classroom. Learn more about our self-paced online option and accelerated classroom format.
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Practice what you’ve learned in group-based simulations of various HR cases and scenarios
- Do data analysis using spreadsheets and practice data-based reporting
- Create a project plan that includes communication strategies and measures of success