About this Course
Human resources professionals have two overarching goals: to help employees excel at their jobs and to ensure that critical business functions run as smoothly as possible. To achieve those goals, they need to be well-versed in the broad range of human resources functions and to master several core HR skills.
In this course, you’ll get an overview of the field of human resources and the roles it encompasses. You’ll understand how HR interacts with other parts of the organization and about the foundational competencies needed in any HR role, such as records management and communication. We’ll also discuss why employee policies and compliance are so important and how to use critical thinking skills to identify core problems, develop possible solutions and mitigate common risks.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essentials of data entry, records management and human resource information systems (HRIS)
- How to interpret employee policies and respond confidently to employee questions
- Ways to use interpersonal skills to address organizational challenges such as inclusivity, bias, compliance, privacy, ethics and communication
- HR’s role in maintaining employee privacy while supporting corporate goals
- How to identify a problem and lay out a clear solution with clear roles and responsibilities
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You'll get practice building spreadsheets with data and using them for simple analytics and reporting.