About this Course
Human resources departments today seek to strike a balance between the needs of an organization and the needs of its employees. In this course, we’ll focus on the more advanced HR competencies involved in that balancing act, such as ethics, employee relations and effective communication. We’ll cover techniques for navigating common situations such as low performance and employee complaints or grievances, as well as how to support diversity and inclusion in your organization. We’ll also discuss the various HR functions — the HR generalist, the HR business partner, payroll, operations, compensation and benefits, recruiting and learning and development — and how they fit together in an organization.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Methods for assessing the level of diversity in an organization and responding to legal and regulatory inquiries about demographics
- Techniques for managing an ethical breach or a whistleblower situation
- Ways to adapt your communication style and method to the particular situation or stakeholders
- How to use analytics to support your communication strategy
- How to identify the primary function and dependent functions for any given HR problem
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll apply what you’ve learned in group-based simulations of various HR scenarios.