About this Course
As companies invest more resources into the HR function, they are increasingly able to use sophisticated tools and techniques to access large amounts of HR-related data. These systems capture valuable information about staff and external candidates at all stages of the employee life cycle and provide insight into workforce trends. Learning these tools can help you stand out in your field.
In this course, we’ll explore fundamental techniques for connecting data to the strategic goals of the organization. You’ll learn how to use existing workforce planning and analytics tools to improve decision making and drive better business performance. We’ll delve into how to evaluate your organization’s current workforce data situation and set appropriate expectations for the benefits of implementing analytics and planning strategies.
What You’ll Learn
- How to analyze information related to demographics, diversity, recruiting, attrition, development and other common HR metrics
- How to use analysis tools like Microsoft Excel to project workforce dynamics and run alternative scenarios
- Storytelling methods for describing an organization's current state and potential for future development using data and analytics
- Ways to integrate financial headcount information into a workforce planning process
- How to create an HR analytics strategy to measure progress against plan
Get Hands-On Experience
- Use Excel to calculate metrics, build projections and graph your data
- Leverage presentation tools to tell a story connecting your metrics to strategic goals