About this Course
Algorithms and data structures are the essential frameworks for solving almost any computer engineering problem. You need a fundamental grasp of these tools to help you understand how computers and programming languages work, their relative strengths and weaknesses and what makes a specific solution the optimal one. Once you know the basics, you’ll discover how to choose the right approach to a problem and forge an effective solution.
In this course, you’ll examine, create, compare and test the major types of algorithms and data structures. Learn to think like a computer scientist, and take an engineering approach to solving complex problems.
This course is for experienced programmers and doesn’t teach any programming. It is language-agnostic, but coursework is in Python or C#.
What You'll Learn
- Number base systems
- Approaches for sorting algorithms and Big O analysis
- Techniques for using arrays and dynamic arrays, lists and stacks and queues, and hash tables and binary trees, heaps, priority queues, and graphs
Get Hands-On Experience
- Build data structures from scratch
- Create and implement algorithms from scratch
- Practice common job interview problems