About this Course
In a world awash in data, how can individuals and organizations use it to see the big picture and make key strategic decisions? The answer to this increasingly critical question is data visualization, an integral component of the analytics process. Visualization serves as both a means — providing direction to guide analysis — and an end, as a way to present important insights that can get buried in big data sets. Yet few analysts, technologists and business leaders are trained in this important discipline.
In this course, we’ll explore the art and science of data visualization and information design. You’ll use the latest industry-standard software to create visual snapshots to help formulate hypotheses, visual discovery to guide you through the knowledge discovery process, visual storytelling to summarize your findings, and visual dashboards to support ongoing management and decision making. Get essential training that will enable you to transform your sea of raw data into insightful presentations that make a difference.
What You’ll Learn
- Data preparation processes and techniques for visualization
- Methods of visual discovery, pattern recognition, and analysis for large data sets
- User adoption and design-thinking principles for effective visual design
- Visual storytelling practices using charts and infographics
- How to create dashboards and scorecards to power ongoing organizational effectiveness
Get Hands-On Experience
- Solve problems using advanced analytical features and add-ins of Microsoft Excel and Power BI (student license provided)
- Write basic code and call statistical functions using R Programming