About this Program
Note: This program was previously titled Certificate in Business Intelligence: Techniques for Decision Making.
Nearly every business and organization today is extremely dependent on data. Modern data analytics combines powerful software tools and statistical techniques to produce insights that can improve results in every field and organizational department. Professionals who are adept with these tools and have the latest data analysis skills are highly valuable and in demand.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll learn how to make — and defend — critical business decisions by collecting, organizing, analyzing, visualizing and interpreting large-scale data sets in meaningful ways. We’ll explore innovative approaches for generating insights and predictions that can boost sales, enhance operational efficiencies and drive qualitative improvements in your products and services. Improve your organization’s data-driven decision making and escalate your own career trajectory.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Data Analyst
Professionals who work closely with data to make strategic decisions. For those seeking a more technical skill set focused on developing and administering data warehouses, consider taking our Certificate in Business Intelligence: Building the Data Warehouse. For those who already have significant experience in data analytics and can program in R or Python, consider taking the more advanced Certificate in Data Science.
Instructors from the business intelligence and data analytics certificate programs explain how students can use the knowledge and skills they learn to advance their careers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Data analysis and statistical techniques for knowledge discovery
- Visual discovery and interpretation methods for large data sets
- Information design, storytelling and presentation using visualization, pivot tables, graphs, charts, infographics and conditional data table formatting
- Making predictions using decision trees, regression analysis, and supervised and unsupervised learning models
- R programming practices
Get Hands-On Experience
- Use industry software such as Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP and Microsoft Power BI tools (Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map and Power Query)
- Practice with relevant data mining tools, including various Microsoft products and statistical programming languages such as R and SAS
- Complete and present a data visualization project
Apply for a Scholarship
You may be eligible to apply for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship to cover the cost of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. See the scholarship page for eligibility information and application instructions.