About this Course
In this course, you'll learn the technical and practical concepts underlying databases. You'll gain experience using relational database management systems (RDBMS) by designing and implementing relational databases. You'll also program Structured Query Language (SQL) script to create database objects and transactions.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for one of these programs:
▸Related Article: Four Skills You Need to Get Started in Data Analytics
Anyone interested in developing fundamental database and SQL skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Beginning to intermediate SQL programming
- The database development life cycle (spec, design, build, operate)
- The differences between transactional and decision support objects
- Techniques for using entity relationship diagrams (ERD)
- Database modeling and normalization
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Write complex queries to analyze data
- Create professional database designs to support real-world business requirements
- Complete a database project that applies all the skills of the course
Earn a Digital Badge
After successfully completing this course, you can claim a digital achievement badge that can be shared on LinkedIn and other social media sites. Learn more about digital badges.
OUR ENROLLMENT COACHES ARE HERE TO HELP
Connect with an enrollment coach to learn more about this offering. Or if you need help finding the right certificate, specialization or course for you, reach out to explore your options.