About this Course
Public and private organizations are gaining access to increasingly large quantities of data. Because that data can help them improve their products, data literacy and analysis have become essential professional skills.
In this course, you'll learn how to understand, analyze and present data. We’ll start with a broad overview of the data analysis process and then work on developing each of the fundamental data analysis skills. You’ll acquire and clean data using SQL and Excel and analyze data using key statistical concepts such as measures of central tendency, correlation and regression, and clustering. And — because it's important to be able to communicate your findings — you’ll learn how to choose the best visualization for your data and to design effective visualizations using Tableau.
You can take this course on its own or use it as a foundation for the Certificate in Data Analytics: Techniques for Decision Making or the Certificate in Data Visualization.
Professionals without backgrounds in statistics and programming who want to gain basic data literacy and analysis skills.
What You'll Learn
- Fundamental data-related concepts, terminology and ethical considerations
- How to articulate business problems and identify required data
- How to gather, clean and organize data
- How to effectively describe, analyze and visualize data
Get Hands-On Experience
- Prepare, analyze and visualize data with Microsoft Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Build a personalized reference guide for future data analysis work
- Complete a final project that incorporates all of the skills and concepts learned in class