About this Program
Businesses and organizations today have ready access to huge amounts of data, but they’re less adept at making sense of it. The role of the data scientist — turning statistical information into meaningful, actionable insights — is increasingly crucial as companies strive to stay ahead of the competition.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll discover how to apply cutting-edge tools and processes to extract meaning from data sets ranging in size from gigabytes to petabytes. Use statistics, machine learning and algorithms, and other techniques to analyze real-life data scenarios and help make informed business decisions. Take your data analytics abilities, and your career, to the next level.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Data Scientist
Technically oriented professionals who work with data and have some background in statistics, SQL and programming.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to build a data science pipeline
- Data exploration and visualization with large data sets
- Advanced statistical techniques and machine learning models, including supervised and unsupervised learning
- How to apply data science to business problems, scientific research, marketing and other fields
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Use the Python programming language to manipulate and display data
- Complete a capstone project to demonstrate your data science skills
Choose the Right Format for You
This Career Accelerator certificate offers a variety of flexible learning formats online and in the classroom. Our new self-paced, online option starts in fall 2017 and an accelerated, classroom option starts in spring 2018.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
You may be eligible to apply for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship to cover the cost of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. See the scholarship page for eligibility information and application instructions.