About this Program
Machine learning is changing our world in profound and fundamental ways. We can already see the results in innovations such as customized online recommendations, speech recognition, predictive policing and fraud detection. Future applications are limited only by the imagination.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll examine all aspects of machine learning. You’ll study the probability concepts and statistical methods that are at the core of machine learning algorithms. We’ll also practice ways to apply these techniques, using open-source tools — along with your developing judgment and intuition — to address actual business needs and real-world challenges.
Software developers, experienced data analysts and other technical professionals who want to become machine learning specialists.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essential concepts of statistical analyses, probability, mathematical modeling and optimization techniques
- Supervised and unsupervised learning models for tasks such as forecasting, predicting and outlier detection
- Advanced machine learning applications, including recommendation systems, natural language processing and deep learning
- How to identify, source and prepare raw data for analysis and modeling
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Work with open source tools such as RStudio, scikit-learn and Weka
- Develop a solution to a real-world machine learning problem
Choose the Right Format for You
This certificate program is part of Career Accelerator, which offers a variety of flexible learning formats online and in the classroom. Our new self-paced online option begins in spring 2018 for this program.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
You may be eligible to apply for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship to cover the cost of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. See the scholarship page for eligibility information and application instructions.