About this Course
Data visualization is all about art and science. It encompasses subject areas from communication, psychology, statistics, and art. The goal of this course is to introduce the theory of data visualization in a practical matter that can be applied and used in succeeding data visualization courses.
- Forms of storytelling
- Visual analytics (basic concepts and building blocks for data visualizations, including design patterns to support various types of analysis: time series, comparisons, relationships, ratios, deviations, multivariate and spatial)
- Design theories, methods and applications
- Visual cognition and perception
- Fundamentals of statistics
- Introduction to tools such as Excel, Tableau, Plotly and Quadrigram