About this Course
Data visualization is both art and science. The field encompasses topics like communication, psychology, statistics and design. This course introduces you to the theory of data visualization in a practical manner and prepares you to apply it in advanced courses by examining key design theories, methods and applications.
What You’ll Learn
- The principles of visual cognition and perception
- Design patterns that support various types of analysis, including time series, comparisons, relationships, ratios, deviations, multivariate and spatial
- The fundamentals of statistics
- The foundations of visual analytics, the essential concepts for data visualizations
- How to prepare data sets for visualization using techniques like blending, joining and cleaning
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll create visualizations with tools such as Excel and Tableau.