About this Course
Data visualization is a combination of art and science. The field encompasses topics from communication, psychology, statistics and design. This course introduces you to the theory of data visualization in a practical manner, preparing you to apply it in the more advanced courses by examining key design theories, methods and applications.
What You’ll Learn
- Visual cognition and perception principles
- Design patterns that support various types of analysis, including time series, comparisons, relationships, ratios, deviations, multivariate and spatial
- Fundamentals of statistics
- Visual analytics — the essential concepts for data visualizations
- How to prepare data sets for visualization, using techniques such as blending, joining and cleaning
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll create visualizations with tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Plotly and Quadrigram.