About this Course
Contemporary professional technical writing is all about developing and distributing content quickly, efficiently and in multiple digital and printed formats. In this course, you’ll receive a hands-on introduction to the methods used to move technical communication from thoughts to words to widely distributed content. Learn the major tools and technologies you need to transform raw information to final copy for delivery to desktop, laptops, mobile devices and more.
During the course you’ll work to develop online user assistance content, e-books, websites, print publications, digital content and videos. And we’ll discover how usability testing can connect you to the world of user experience design and development.
What You’ll Learn
- The right design techniques for different document types
- How to select and work with appropriate content elements, typography and color
- The right balance of text and images for conveying information
- How to choose the right publishing solution and production technique
- Usability testing techniques
- Structured authoring methods to separate content data from presentation
Get Hands-On Experience
You’ll practice using the latest software for user assistance authoring, page design and image creation.