LAUNCH YOUR VISION
With a Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (WEL) Certificate Scholarship, you’ll have financial support as you earn a UW certificate, build entrepreneurial networks and prepare to launch your own new venture.
WHat’s the WEL Scholarship?
The Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (WEL) Certificate Scholarship supports aspiring entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and innovators who are enrolled in the UW Certificate in Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership program.
Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career.
- The WEL Certificate Scholarship provides recipients a waiver each quarter that covers at least 80% of registration and course fees for the certificate program.
- The student is responsible for the initial $50 application fee, the outstanding 20% of course-related fees, and the cost of any necessary books or other class materials.
Take the Next Step
After you apply and are accepted into the UW Certificate in Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership program, you’ll receive information about applying for a WEL Certificate Scholarship. See the student eligibility criteria below.
To learn more, talk to an enrollment coach and attend an information session.
To be considered for the WEL Certificate Scholarship, you must:
- Be living in Washington state
- Apply and be accepted to the UW Certificate in Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership program
- Not exceed the household income limits listed below for the previous calendar year*
- Not have access to financial assistance from your employer to pay for your program
- Not have been a part- or full-time student in the last 12 months (unless taking prerequisite courses)
- Not be a UW Continuum College employee or an immediate family member thereof
* To qualify for a WEL Certificate Scholarship, your household income for 2022 can't exceed the amounts listed on this page. As part of the application, you'll be required to state your household income and provide a copy of your 2022 federal income tax return.
People in Household
The University of Washington strives to create a community of students richly diverse in cultural backgrounds, experiences, values and viewpoints. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
✔ Carefully review the admission requirements for the UW Certificate in Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership. If you have any questions, contact us.
✔ Apply to the certificate program.
✔ Check your email! We’ll contact you within two weeks to let you know if you’ve been accepted into the certificate program. If you’re accepted, you’ll get an email with the scholarship application link.
✔ Complete the scholarship application by December 1, 2023. Scholarship applications will be accepted until the posted deadline. No late or incomplete applications are accepted.
✔ To confirm your income eligibility, submit your 2022 U.S. federal income tax return according to the instructions on the scholarship application.
✔ Check your email! We will let you know about scholarship decisions by December 8, 2023.
SCHOLARSHIP Additional DETAILS
- Scholarship decisions are made by the Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final.
- Scholarship awards are not transferable to other certificate programs.
- Scholarship recipients must successfully complete each course in their certificate program to receive the scholarship award for the remaining courses.
- Scholarship recipients cannot be enrolled in other UW programs while completing their awarded certificate program.
- Scholarship awards cannot be deferred.
- Additional awards beyond the 80% may be awarded to students with extreme extenuating circumstances as funds remain available.
- Scholarship recipients must sign a Scholarship Agreement within two weeks of notification.
- Scholarship recipients must attend a Welcome Session and Program Information Session before the start of their program.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all deadlines for accepting, registering, and paying fees as stated in the Scholarship Agreement. Generally, course fees must be paid two weeks before the start of a course. If the deadlines are missed, the scholarship will expire.