Applications for this scholarship are now closed. This information reflects a past scholarship cycle.
To get information about the next scholarship cycle, subscribe to the email list at the bottom of this page.
TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
Education unlocks opportunities — so don’t let cost stand in the way. Gain the skills you need to succeed in today’s workforce with a Rotary Scholarship for a UW certificate program. Apply and advance your career.
This spring, we’re awarding scholarships to qualified individuals who want to advance their career goals by enrolling in a cohort-based offering of one of the certificate programs below. All programs start in fall 2022.
What's the Rotary Scholarship?
Created through the generous funding of the Rotary Club of the University District, the Rotary Scholarship is intended to help individuals who’ve experienced barriers to work opportunities get ahead through education. Learn more.
Scholarships range from $2,500 to $5,000, depending on the cost of the certificate program. The scholarship pays for 80% of registration and course fees. The student is responsible for the remaining costs, plus any necessary books or class materials.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be living in Washington state
- Not exceed the household income limits listed below for the last calendar year*
- Not have access to financial assistance from your employer to pay for your program
- Not have been a part- or full-time student in the last 12 months (unless taking prerequisite courses)
- Be willing to attend a Rotary meeting via Zoom to receive your award on Friday, May 20, 2022
- Not be a Rotary member, a UW Continuum College employee or an immediate family member thereof
* To qualify for a Rotary Scholarship, your household income for the last calendar year can’t exceed the amounts listed. As part of the application, you’ll be required to state your household income and provide a copy of your most recent federal income tax return.
People in Household
HOW to APPLY
- Carefully review the admission requirements for your chosen certificate program to make sure you qualify. If you have any questions, contact us.
- Complete an online scholarship application by April 11, 2022. The application asks you to describe your reasons for applying, your career goals and how the UW certificate will help you on your path.
- If asked, attend an informal Zoom interview with Rotary members.
- Check your email! We'll notify you of scholarship decisions on May 12.
SCHOLARSHIP RULES AND DETAILS
Scholarships are available for cohort-based offerings only; self-paced programs do not qualify.
Scholarship applications are accepted until the posted deadline.
Supplemental documents submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than the posted deadline. No late applications or supplemental materials are accepted.
Incomplete applications and applications from ineligible students will not be considered.
Scholarship decisions are made by the Rotary Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final.
Scholarship awardees will be required to sign and return a scholarship agreement by May 22 and pay the balance for the first course by July 15, 2022. If the above deadlines are missed, the scholarship offer will expire.
Scholarship awards can't be deferred and are not transferable to other certificate programs.
Scholarship recipients must successfully complete each course in their certificate program to receive the scholarship award for the remaining courses.
By signing the scholarship agreement, the recipient acknowledges the expectation that they will complete the certificate in consecutive quarters.
Additional awards may be awarded to students with extenuating circumstances as funds remain available.