Restricted Operations Due to Coronavirus Outbreak

For the safety of our community, UWPCE has restricted operations due to the coronavirus outbreak.

For more information, see our FAQ

Rotary Scholarship

Applications for the Rotary Scholarship are now closed. To be notified when applications open for the next scholarship cycle, subscribe to our email list at the bottom of this page.

 TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP

Education unlocks opportunities — so don’t let cost stand in the way. Gain the skills you need to succeed in today’s workforce with a Rotary Scholarship for a UW certificate program.

This spring, we’re awarding scholarships to qualified individuals who want to enroll in one of the certificate programs below to advance their career goals. All programs start in fall 2020.

What's the Rotary Scholarship?

Created through the generous funding of the Rotary Club of the University District, the Rotary Scholarship is intended to help individuals who’ve experienced barriers to work opportunities get ahead through education. Learn more.

Scholarships range from $2,500 to $5,000, depending on the cost of the certificate program. The scholarship pays for 80% of registration and course fees. The student is responsible for the remaining 20%, plus the cost of any necessary books or class materials.   

WHO’s ELIGIBLE?

To be considered for this scholarship, you must:

  • Be living in Washington state and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • Not exceed the household income limits listed below*
  • Not have access to financial assistance from your employer to pay for your program
  • Not have been a part- or full-time student in the last 12 months (unless taking prerequisite courses)
  • Be willing to attend a Rotary lunch to receive your award on Friday, May 29, 2020
  • Not be a Rotary member, a UW Continuum College employee or an immediate family member thereof

* To qualify for a Rotary Scholarship, your household income for the last calendar year can’t exceed the amounts listed. As part of the application, you’ll be required to state your household income and provide a copy of your most recent income tax return. 

People in Household

Annual Income

1 $38,280
2 $51,720
3 $65,160
4 $78,600
5 $92,040
6 $105,480
7 $118,920
8 $132,360

HOW to APPLY

  1. Carefully review the admission requirements for your chosen certificate program to make sure you qualify. If you have any questions, contact us.
  2. Complete an online scholarship application by April 13, 2020. The application asks you to describe your reasons for applying, your career goals and how the UW certificate will help you on your path.
  3. Submit your supplemental documents — a resume and a copy of your most recent income tax return — by mail or in person. If submitting by mail, the envelope should be postmarked no later than April 15.
  4. If asked, attend an informal interview with Rotary members.
  5. Check your email! We'll notify you of scholarship decisions on May 15.

Apply Now

SCHOLARSHIP RULES AND DETAILS

Scholarship applications are accepted from March 3 through April 13, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PST).

Supplemental documents must be submitted by mail or in person. If submitted by mail, documents should be postmarked no later than April 15, 2020. Application materials can't be returned.

Incomplete or late applications and applications from ineligible students will not be considered.

Scholarship decisions are made by the Rotary Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final. 

Scholarship awardees will be required to sign and return a scholarship agreement by May 22 and pay the balance for the first course (20% of fees), by July 15, 2020. If the above deadlines are missed, the scholarship offer will expire. 

Scholarship awards can't be deferred and are not transferable to other certificate programs.

Scholarship recipients must successfully complete each course in their certificate program to receive the scholarship award for the remaining courses.

By signing the scholarship agreement, the recipient acknowledges the expectation that they will complete the certificate in three consecutive quarters.

Additional awards beyond the 80% may be awarded to students with extenuating circumstances as funds remain available. 

 

scholarship details


application status: Closed


nEXT SCHOLARSHIP CYCLE: Spring 2021

Questions?

We're happy to help.

Contact Us

  Stay up to date with emails featuring career tips, event invitations and program updates.       Sign Up Now