About this Program
Commercial real estate is the raw material of a region’s economy. The Seattle market is experiencing huge growth, which means both increased opportunity and heightened competition. Staying current and getting an insider’s perspective on the industry can give you the edge you need to succeed.
In this three-course program, we’ll explore commercial real estate as an interdisciplinary field. You’ll delve into various aspects relating to finance, development, property management and marketing. Gain valuable insight into best practices and industry trends, and connect with others in this fast-moving profession.
Real estate professionals and those in related fields such as architecture, construction, law and planning.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to spot trends in commercial real estate development
- Static and dynamic analysis skills for office, retail, industrial and multifamily residential property types
- Strategies for marketing and sales of existing properties
- The real estate development process and associated legal and taxation issues
- Property management techniques
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create a development proposal for an actual Seattle-area site
- Go on field trips to local property development sites