About this Program
There has never been a better time to be a professional project manager. Industries such as aerospace, construction, manufacturing and technology rely heavily on well-trained project managers to ensure that work gets done on time and on budget. The demand for these skills in many companies and organizations continues to grow at a rapid pace.
In this certificate program, we’ll equip you with the tools you need to guide sophisticated projects involving cross-functional teams. Our comprehensive curriculum aligns with the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam. Master the major competencies that employers are looking for in today’s project managers.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Project Manager
Professional project managers and others who want formal training in project management.
Instructors and graduates of the Certificate in Project Management discuss the different skills and knowledge students develop through the program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to define project scope, choose an approach and translate a statement of work into a complete and effective project plan
- Tactical leadership skills, stakeholder management practices and team-building capabilities
- Risk definition, risk management processes and change management procedures
- Presentation and communication skills
PREPARE FOR PMP® CERTIFICATION
University of Washington Professional & Continuing Education has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. UW PCE has been approved by PMI® to issue professional development units (PDUs) for these courses, which fulfill the education requirements for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification.
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Use project management tools such as Microsoft Project; free copy of the software provided
- Complete a group capstone project based on a fictional business case
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
You may be eligible to apply for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship to cover the cost of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. See the scholarship page for eligibility information and application instructions.
PMI, PMP and Project Management Professional are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.