About this Program
Producing great tech products isn’t just about design and development — a skilled product manager can make the difference between success and failure in the market. With thousands of products released each year, product managers occupy a key role in the tech industry, and companies often compete to hire the best talent.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll investigate the life cycle for a diverse array of digital products. You’ll become well versed in managing the process from start to finish, guiding a team project that spans the length of the program. Gain the skills and confidence to bring any type of digital product to market successfully.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Software Product Manager
Tech industry professionals who want to enter or advance in the field of product management.
Adam Grupp, an instructor for the Certificate in Software Product Management, explains what students gain from the program and how they can apply it to their careers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to define and quantify a market opportunity
- How to identify product requirements and articulate a product’s value proposition, target customer and positioning
- Components of a minimum viable product and product road map
- How to build a financial model that demonstrates business value
- Elements of an appropriate and effective marketing launch
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Complete a group project to conceive and plan a fictitious new product for an existing company
- Make the case for your product in a presentation to industry managers and receive feedback