About this Course
A great product idea remains simply an idea until it’s been fully developed. Most products fail because the idea and its value proposition are not realized in execution.
This course gives you the concepts, tools and techniques to help manage the execution of an idea within the inherent uncertainties of the market. You’ll bring a market-researched product concept into the course and then develop a user-focused product design, high-level requirements and a feature roadmap based on real-world experimental results. We’ll also explore how to work with a development team to execute the roadmap and how to deal with the various challenges of implementation.
- Developing a minimal viable product from a product idea
- Defining the metrics for measuring what works and what doesn't
- Designing the product and its user experience
- Developing a product backlog of user stories, complete with estimation
- Assembling the product releases and authoring a product roadmap
- Prioritizing, negotiating and collaborating with stakeholders
- Working with design, development and data science teams
- Using Agile and Lean/Kanban methodologies