About this Program
Nonprofit organizations occupy an important niche in the community, making a critical impact on a wide range of social, economic, political and environmental issues. Professionals working in nonprofits have the opportunity to make a difference in a role that often presents big challenges and even bigger rewards.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll gain the practical knowledge and skills needed to start or advance your career in this dynamic profession. Guided by experts in the field, we’ll explore how to lead and manage people, develop strategy and build effective programs and organizations. You’ll learn about the history and scope of the nonprofit sector and examine the relationship between the organization and the larger community.
Nonprofit professionals, volunteers and board members as well those interested in entering the field.
An instructor and graduates of the Certificate in Nonprofit Management describe how the program helps students launch or advance their career in the field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key management and operational issues, including legal and financial affairs
- Fundamentals of nonprofit governance, human resources management, and program development and evaluation
- Essential leadership, strategic planning and change management skills
- Techniques for messaging and branding and best practices for using technology and social media
- Approaches to fundraising, including annual fund drives, major donors, events, sponsorships and grants