About this Program
The essence of fundraising is identifying people whose values align with your mission or organization and establishing lasting relationships with them. Success in this continually evolving field requires the right combination of key skills and proven strategies and tactics.
In our four-course certificate program, you’ll learn to use both traditional and emerging fundraising and relationship-building techniques in ways that produce results. We’ll delve into who gives and what motivates giving, and examine the latest research, best practices and ethical standards from experts in the development profession. Acquire the knowledge, experience and connections to become a dynamic fundraiser.
▸ Related Article: Hot Jobs: Fundraiser
Fundraising professionals as well as those interested in entering the field.
Instructor Susan Howlett of the Certificate in Fundraising Management discusses the hands-on curriculum and valuable networking opportunities that the program offers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation using a variety of methods and channels
- How to formulate a major gifts strategy
- Technology tools and approaches for integrating communications, events and fundraising efforts
- How to interpret financial statements and create a sustainable budget
- Ways to build a culture of philanthropy throughout an organization
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Write funding appeals and simple grant proposals
- Craft donor-centered communications for print and online distribution
- Assess an existing organization’s fundraising strategy and create a development plan that engages board, staff and volunteers
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
This program covers material worth 30.0 points in Category 1.B – Education that can be applied toward initial certification or recertification as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).