About this Course
In this culmination course in the Certificate in Fundraising Management, you’ll focus on the leadership and management skills you’ll need to successfully lead fundraising efforts at a nonprofit organization. We’ll examine strategies for working with key stakeholders, including the CEO, members of the board of directors and volunteers. We’ll discuss day-to-day team management approaches and how to practice equitable and ethical leadership.
Throughout the course, you’ll have opportunities to interact with experienced fundraising professionals who will present on selected topics to round out your learning experience. You’ll also complete a number of assignments that will tie together the past nine months and help you take the next step in your fundraising career.
What You’ll Learn
- Techniques for leading successful fundraising efforts and working with senior leaders, including the executive director and board of directors
- How to engage volunteers and recognize their important contributions
- Strategies for recruiting, hiring and managing staff and contractors
- How to build an ethical fundraising model and imbed a culture of philanthropy throughout your organization
- How to use data and technology to support your organization’s fundraising goals